Summer sun can feel so good: the warm weather, beautiful skies and the feel of the sun on your face. But with warmer weather, there can come a rather unpleasant side effect of increased acne.
Heat and humidity intensify oil production and clog pores, which in acne prone individuals, often means more breakouts.
Tips Improve Summer Acne:
- Wash your face after workouts: Breakouts can also be caused by sweat, and chances are you have sweat and dirt sitting on your skin, possibly clogging your pores and breeding bacteria.
- Wipe down your cell phone and anything that comes in contact with your face regularly. Here’s a simple rule: if you touch something germy and then you touch your phone, chances are those germs are going to end up on your face, so wipe down your phone or use an antibacterial phone wipe at least twice a week.
- Do you touch your face…excessively? Just like your cell phone, think about all the things your hands come in contact with. If you are going to put your fingers to your face, well, make sure they are clean!
- Wash your face thoroughly twice every day with a gentle cleanser and incorporate an exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and keep pores clear. Also, be sure to remove all your makeup before hitting the pillows!
- Don’t dry out your skin! Your skin may rebound by producing more breakout-building oils. Even if you’re sweaty or hot, it’s key to continue moisturizing and hydrating your skin.
Acne Prone Skin Basic Skin Care Set
Our unique combination of acne products is scientifically designed to dry up acne, not your skin. Applying these products together targets superficial blemishes and clogged pores, while hydrating the skin and treating inflammation. This approach produces optimal, quick and continued results.