As we get older, skin-cell turnover slows down and exfoliating can help speed up the normal shedding cycle and help you reveal softer, smoother skin so you can show off your brighter, younger looking skin. Here are our top 5 reasons to exfoliate on a regular basis:
- Fight the signs of aging. With age, the skin’s ability to naturally exfoliate slows down. When the skin is laden with dead cells, lines, wrinkles and dryness become more apparent. Removing dead skin reveals fresher, brighter, younger looking skin.
- Prevent blackheads, whiteheads and breakouts. When the pores get clogged with dead skin and oil gets stuck beneath the surface, pimples can occur.
- Minimize dark spots. Long after a blemish has healed, a red, brown or purple mark may remain. But each time you exfoliate, you’re removing the top layer of skin to diminish the appearance of discoloration.
- Even out skin texture for smoother skin. If your skin feels rough or dry, exfoliating your skin is an easy way to revive dry, dull skin!
- Allow your skin-care products to better penetrate your skin. If you have layers of dead skin piled up, you’re not giving your products the best chance to really sink in and work on your fresh new skin.