Over here on eraclea’s skin care blog, we talk all the time about the importance of a daily skin care routine. But with so many products on the market, it’s hard to know which products are essential and which products may (or may not) be necessary for your unique skin. One of the most common questions we encounter when it comes to skin care: Continue reading
The New Year is an excellent time to reconsider your daily skin care routine and incorporate new habits that will keep your skin healthy. For a New Year’s resolution to stick, you need goals that are specific and achievable. That’s why we’ve come up with three skin care habits that are simple, straightforward, and easy to incorporate into your routine. Continue reading
We’ve all been there. You arrive at the holiday party famished from a long day at work, only to have a smiling hostess direct you straight to the buffet table, where you pluck a large plate from the stack and pile it high with delicious treats ranging from glazed ham and stuffing to chocolate cake and pumpkin pie. Afterwards, you sit at the table with friends, grazing upon the chocolates in your goodie bag and sipping on your third glass of wine, so full you’re practically in a coma, and so worried about how many calories you’ve added this night you can barely concentrate on what your friends are talking about. Continue reading
Youthful-looking skin is hydrated skin. I believe that keeping your skin healthy and hydrated requires a great skin care routine, and that demands great medically proven products. While many products make claims they cannot keep, there are a few products out there that really ‘walk the talk.’ eraclea® is one line of products that does what they promise because they are backed by years of science. The proprietary, HylaFusion®, is scientifically designed to maintain the hydration that helps retain the youthful appearance of the skin. It is a carefully crafted combination of hyaluronic acid sponges and hyaluronic acids of various molecular weights. Continue reading
Thanksgiving is almost upon us, that holiday when we gather around the table with family and friends to enjoy each other’s company, share a scrumptious meal, and give gratitude for all of the good things in our lives. It’s no secret that gratitude is one of the most beautiful qualities in any man or woman. But what about gratitude actually makes a person more beautiful? Here are just a few things:
Even if you keep your skin clean by washing regularly with a proven cleanser, if you’re not exfoliating, your skin may not be as healthy as it could be. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells on the surface of the skin by using either an abrasive scrub, which sluffs of the dead skin, a daily use product with fruit acids, a chemical peel or Microdermabrasion. Do this will help to revitalize dull, tired-looking skin. Continue reading
No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start using a good anti-aging skin care product that protects, nourishes, and brightens your skin. The question is, what anti-aging ingredients actually work? There are so many out there, and so many people claim that the ingredients they’re selling will improve the look and feel of your skin.
Of course, we all want thick, full eyebrows shaped in that perfect curve. But most of us don’t have eyebrows that achieve that look on their own. While we can always turn to makeup pens and pencils to fill in our brows, luckily there’s a new way to achieve that perfect look: microblading. Continue reading
Have you ever noticed that when you are stressed, you break out more? This is because stress causes a chemical response in your body that makes skin more sensitive and reactive. It can also make it harder for skin problems to heal.
Stress can also:
- Worsen skin problems such as; psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema. Stress can also cause hives and other types of skin rashes and trigger a flare-up of fever blisters.
- Interfere with daily skin care. If you are stressed, you might skimp on your skin care, which can aggravate skin problems.
- Skin problems can also be stressful. Some people are so embarrassed by their skin that they keep to themselves, which adds more stress, worsening the problem.
Reduce the Effects of Stress on Your Skin
Although it’s impossible to avoid stress completely, there are ways to handle it better. Try these approaches:
- Get regular exercise, even if it’s just a walk around the block. It’s good for your skin and the rest of your body.
- Don’t neglect your skin. Take care of your skin, even if you’re tired or stressed.
- Take time for yourself to do something you enjoy, even if you only have ten minutes.
- Get enough sleep. Seven to eight hours each night is ideal.
- Say no. It’s OK to set limits and boundaries to lower your stress.
- Practice stress management techniques, such as breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, or visual imagery.
- Talk to someone. Seek support from a friend or a professional therapist
We are always talking about big lifestyle changes for younger-looking skin. However, it is important to remember the little things. They can lead to big trouble’like premature aging. Try these simple tricks to keep your skin looking young.
- Keep your hands off your eyes! Every time you touch or rub your eyes you risk breaking delicate blood vessels, which leads to darkening, dulling, and thickening of the surrounding skin.
- Stop squinting! Help prevent those dreaded crow’s feet by wear sunglasses and if you wear eyeglasses or contact lenses, make sure your prescription is up to date.
- Avoid sipping through a straw. It contributes to lines around the mouth.
- Break the habit of resting your chin on your hand. (It stretches the skin.)
- Wearing sunscreen EVERY day!
- Get your beauty sleep! Try sleeping on your back to help prevent sleep lines and puffiness.
These may seem like small things, but over time they can make a big difference.